Pages

Thursday 11 August 2016

The Baukjen striped off the shoulder midi dress - Perfection in a dress...

As part of the review of Baukjen's Pre-Fall collection, I've included a dress to style. I mean, who doesn't love a good dress? Even more, who doesn't love a good striped dress? Especially one that can be worn at different lengths and styled from modern, to smart, to casual? So, let me introduce the Franklin off the shoulder dress (£99).


Having worn this dress, I can see that there is a lot of clever styling that has gone into it, from its ruching on the tummy area, to its subtle slide split, sleeves of a good length and a fantastically versatile neckline.


The day that these photographs were taken was crazily windy - but we persevered, occasionally crossing the road for a quick dose of sunshine to warm up.


Having worn shoe boots and minimal jewellery above, I swapped my shoes for some spotty heels and a navy and yellow tassel/pom pom necklace - for a slightly different feel.


A splash of colour in the shoe department would also work well with this dress and for those who wish to flash their legs, it can be pulled up much shorter than I'm wearing it which would make it great for a beach holiday look. Being a soft jersey fabric, this dress really wouldn't feel out of place at a wedding, in the office, or on the beach.


For an everyday look, of course it had to be the silver Adidas Superstars which I wear with so many outfits and which mean that I can stride out in the way that I like to.


I've pulled the dress up here so it's slightly shorter - more knee length than midi but again, it's one of those great pieces that does what it wants to and which looks good however it sits. The other good thing is that, unlike some dresses which I own and which feel a bit dressy for everyday, I could (and would) wear this casually and still feel "me".


Off to the ice-cream shop to pay the photographer her shoot fee...


So this time she didn't sting me for the most expensive Magnum in the shop, instead opting for the white chocolate one instead - and she was happy for me to pretend to take a bite - as long as I did only pretend.


And if I really wanted to go to town with this dress, I'd wear it with this gorgeous everyday biker jacket which is just fabulous and which would work with so many outfits in my wardrobe :)


For anyone who would like to receive 15% off new season clothes, just quote STYLEG15 at the checkout. The offer is valid until midnight on 8th September. Happy shopping!